Minimally Invasive Surgery for Women
Less is more with minimally invasive surgery for women.
Whether you're juggling work, a family or just life in general, there's no time to be down for the count after surgery. Fortunately, St. Mary's in Evansville, IN, offers a full range of minimally invasive procedures for women, helping you get back to what matters most with:
- Faster recovery times
- Less postoperative pain
- Minimal scarring
- Reduced blood loss and infection rates
- Reduced risk for infection because the incision are substantially smaller than traditional open procedures
- Shorter hospital stays
Look to our Minimally Invasive Surgery Specialists
Specializing in laparoscopic procedures that use very small cameras and tiny incisions in the abdomen, the skilled surgeons at St. Mary's tailor your treatment plan and surgical approach to your individual needs. We provide surgical solutions focused on getting you back to the things that matter most. Together, you'll decide which option is best for you, your condition and your long-term health.
Common minimally invasive surgeries performed at St. Mary's include laparoscopic procedures such as:
- Surgery for ovarian pathology, cyst removal, endometriosis, reduction of adhesions and pelvic pain.
- Supracervical hysterectomy for treatment of unusual uterine bleeding, fibroids and endometriosis. Most women spend no more than a day in the hospital and are able to return to normal activities in one-to-two weeks.
- Myomectomy for the surgical removal of fibroids.
- Diagnostic laparoscopy, used to diagnose gynecologic pathology and gather information for treatment of various issues, particularly pelvic pain.
Other minimally invasive surgeries and procedures include:
- Minimally invasive vaginal procedures for pelvic organ prolapse and urinary incontinence.
- Office based urodynamic testing (help to evaluate the way your bladder functions, used for diagnosis of urinary incontinence).
- Hysteroscopy, the diagnostic and surgical procedure that makes examining the inside of the uterus possible without making an incision.
- Endometrial Ablation, a procedure performed through the vagina to ablate the uterine lining to treat heavy, painful or irregular menses.
Robotic Assisted Surgery with the da Vinci Si Surgical System
St. Mary’s offers a multi-specialty robotic assisted surgery program. The da Vinci Si surgical system allows surgeons to perform complex procedures with the help of a surgical “robot.” Surgeons at St. Mary’s perform several gynecology, urology and colorectal procedures using this next generation technology. To learn more about the da Vinci Si technology program, just click here.
If you have a health need that may require surgery, talk to your physician about whether a minimally-invasive surgery is the right option for you.