Instructions After St. Mary's Surgicare Surgery
- Anesthesia and medications will slow your reflexes and may make you feel drowsy. Driving will be dangerous therefore you should arrange for a ride home, or your procedure may be cancelled.
- DO NOT USE PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION (i.e.) BUSES, TAXIS, ETC.
- When it is time for you to be discharged, verbal and written instructions will be provided for your care at home.
- For your safety, once you arrive home arrangements should be made for a friend or relative to be with you throughout the night.
- One or two days after surgery, a nurse will call you at home to check on your progress and answer any questions you have.