St. Mary's Warrick Continuing Care Unit
Home-like Atmosphere - Extra Care
Contact: Case Manager (812) 897-7327
Toll free: (800) 897-3831
Fax: (812) 897-7376
If you or a family member are on your way to recovery but need a little extra care, the Continuing Care Unit at St. Mary's Warrick Hospital may be an appropriate option for you.
The Continuing Care Unit offers daily nursing care and/or therapy to meet individualized goals which are developed by you and the Continuing Care staff. Since we provide a home-like atmosphere, you are encouraged to wear your own clothes while participating in a variety of daily activities that are centered on the skills necessary to increase independence and medical well-being.
The Continuing Care Unit allows your physician to "swing" your level of care from acute to skilled care while you remain in the hospital. Should you require acute care again, you can be "swung" back.
All this occurs while you remain in the same private room with the same attending staff and access to the same care -- it's simply a matter of paperwork that is handled completely by us!
We are equipped to handle patients with medically complex conditions, including:
- Infections requiring IV antibiotics
- Rehabilitation needs
- Daily respiratory treatment requiring inhalation medications
- Complex nutritional states requiring nasal gastric (NG) support for enteral feeding and/or intermittent IV therapy
- Unstable diabetic conditions requiring frequent insulin adjustments and nutritional modifications
Our Continuing Care Unit also provides services for:
- Complex wound care with associated compromised medical conditions
- Tracheotomies requiring frequent skilled care
- Post-surgical recovery from major surgery, joint replacement, and vascular or abdominal procedures
- Instruction for appropriate care of specialized dressings and skin treatments
- Education for proper maintenance of central venous lines, such as Hickman catheters
- Teaching of new ostomy care