When selecting a psychologist for your child, you want to access the services that will best suit your child’s and your family’s needs.
St. Vincent Center for Children offers a full spectrum of pediatric psychological assessments and treatments for children with learning, behavioral, psychosocial and medical issues.
We work with the child's family and other caregivers to promote more effective management of pediatric psychological conditions with a holistic understanding of the complex behavioral, emotional and cognitive factors that contribute to successful family management of these conditions.
If a child is hospitalized in the Pediatric Unit at St. Vincent, the child’s primary physician can also request a psychology consultation. An inpatient consultation may be beneficial to address any of the following concerns:
- Coping with the stress of a chronic illness and/or traumatic injury
- Adherence problems to medication and treatment regimen
- Anxiety reduction/relaxation/biofeedback
- Depressive reactions and withdrawal
- Eating and feeding problems
- Family dysfunction and adjustment reactions
- Management of aggressive or disruptive behavior
- Pain management
- Family/patient conflict with staff
- Grief issues
- Parental coping with child diagnosis
View additional resources for parents.