When your doctor orders a lab test or you need lab work for your job, go to a St. Vincent outpatient laboratory for fast results. St. Vincent provides full-service outpatient lab at numerous locations. The pathologists and technicians in our labs are highly skilled and committed to giving you accurate, fast results.
Accredited, Professional Lab Services
You rely on our labs to deliver the highest standard of service. St. Vincent laboratory services are accredited by the College of American Pathologists (CAP) and hold certifications for Medicare/Medicaid and Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA). Board-certified pathologists direct our laboratory services, while skilled clinical laboratory scientists perform all testing.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I need to make an appointment with the lab?
You don't need to make an appointment for most tests. Just go to the lab location nearest to you and register with the clerk at the front desk.
Therapeutic phlebotomy and Glucose Tolderance procedures require an appointment. These tests are performed Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. at St. Vincent Center for Advanced Medicine. Call 812.485.4925 to schedule an appointment.
Do I need to bring anything to the lab for a blood test?
Please bring the following items with you to the lab for a blood test:
- The order sheet from your physician showing your diagnosis code (ICD9 code) and your physician's signature
- Your photo ID
- Your insurance card
Which tests require fasting?
The following tests require fasting of 10 to 12 hours:
- Glucose (sugar) test
- Comprehensive metabolic panel (CMP) or basic metabolic panel BMP tests that include glucose testing
- Lipid profile (cholesterol, triglycerides, HDL, LDL, apoproteins)
You may drink moderate amounts of water but you may not eat while fasting. Smoking is discouraged. It is easiest to fast while you are asleep. Go directly to the lab when you wake up and before you eat breakfast.
Can my test results be sent to more than one physician?
Yes, with a written request from the physician.
When will I receive my test results?
We communicate the results of stat testing and critical values to your physician upon completion.
We complete most routine outpatient lab tests within 24 hours and send the results to your physician's office upon completion. You can call your physician's office within 48 hours for the results.
Some tests take 24 to 48 hours to complete. More specialized testing can take a week to 10 days. In these cases, your physician will let you know when you should expect to receive your test results.
Your Lab results can also be accessed upon completion via the patient portal.
Points to Know
- Sometimes your physician will fax us a signed order sheet that we'll keep on file until you come to the lab.
- Please make sure that at least one diagnosis code is on your order sheet before you leave your physician's office.
- If your physician's signature or the diagnosis code are absent from the order sheet, we will call the physician's office for the information. This may lengthen your wait time at the lab.
- It is a good idea to abstain from food for two to three hours before most blood tests. Please check with your physician to see if the blood test ordered requires additional fasting.
Fax an Order: 812.485.7567
For unscheduled pick-up services, call 812.485.4344.
Hours: Monday – Friday 8 a.m. – 4 p.m.