St. Mary's Has a Specially Trained Clinical Staff
for Urinary Incontinence Assessment
Urinary incontinence means that you lose urine when you don't want to. For many people it is an uncomfortable, embarrassing problem that they avoid discussing - even with their healthcare provider. The truth is, there's no need to feel this way. With the right type of treatment, bladder control can be within your control.
Our specially-trained clinical staff initiate a comprehensive assessment including:
- Medical history
- Musculoskeletal screen
- Review of dietary and voiding habits
- Targeted muscle strength/weakness analysis
- Pelvic floor assessment.
- Determination of type of incontinence - stress, urge or mixed
- Interventions including biofeedback, home exercise program and/or electrical stimulation
- Focus on reduction/elimination of incontinence episodes and re-engagement in a more productive lifestyle
If you have not yet talked with your physician and would like additional information, please visit our Women's Wellness Specialized Therapies webpage.