Inpatient Rehab Services at St. Mary's
St. Mary's Inpatient Rehab
3700 Washington Avenue
Evansville, Indiana 47750
Tele: (812) 485-4557
Located on St. Mary's campus, our Rehabilitation Institute provides acute medical and comprehensive rehabilitative services in a pleasant and comfortable environment. Our patients receive advanced rehabilitation, cost effective treatment, individualized care, satisfied outcomes, independence and increased quality of life.
Our on-campus location allows the rehabilitation patient to benefit from the entire scope of acute care services available at St. Mary's, including specialist consults and any additional diagnostic testing that may need to continue during the rehabilitation phase of care.
Featuring Private Rooms, Individualized Therapy, and CARF Accredidation
Our inpatient programs and facility have been accredited since 1986 by the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF) and includes:
- Brain Injury Program (Adults)
- Brain Injury Program (Children and Adolescents)
- Inpatient Rehab Program: Hospital - Stroke Specialty Program (Adults)
- Inpatient Rehab Program: Hospital - Adults
- Inpatient Rehab Program: Hospital - Children and Adolescents
This accreditation is the highest level that can be awarded to an Inpatient Rehabilitation Facility. As the only CARF-accredited Inpatient Rehabilitation Program in the Evansville area, St. Mary's remains committed to improving the quality of life for the patients we serve.
The Rehabilitation Institute features:
- Private patient rooms with space to accommodate family members if they wish to stay at night.
- A therapy gym with equipment including advanced technology to give our patients the resources needed to improve function and regain confidence to resume normal activity.
- A multipurpose room that can be used for treatment, family conferences or patient dining.
- A patient/family lounge to gather or just relax; this space can also be reserved for special family events.
- An outdoor courtyard where our patients and families can enjoy nature; also frequently a favorite spot for patient mobility training and therapy sessions.
- Accessibility Avenue - a simulated community environment located inside the Rehabilitation Institute that provides an area for practice of car transfers, shopping and other functional activities.
- A designated treatment room for speech or other individual therapy requiring a quiet and private space.
For continuing care after discharge, patients can choose from two convenient outpatient facilities for traditional, individual therapies, work-related rehabilitation or a comprehensive day program.