What are the Qualifications for Surgical Options?
Not everyone is a candidate for weight loss surgery. In order to qualify, you must be evaluated by our medical staff. You should not have a history of substance abuse, major psychological problems, high-risk surgical conditions, or plan to become pregnant within 12-18 months after surgery.
You must also answer "YES" to these questions:
- Are you 21-65 years of age?
- Are you more than 100 lbs. overweight?
- Have you tried other medically managed weight control programs?
- Do you have physical or psychological complications that could be significantly improved by losing weight?
- Are you motivated and committed to losing weight?
- Are you willing to participate in follow-up care and support sessions?
There may be other factors that could affect your eligibility for the procedure. To find out more, register for a free information session.