Pulmonary Rehabilitation Program
The Pulmonary Rehabilitation Program at St. Mary's is a multi-disciplinary program for people with chronic lung disease and can become a part of your current medical treatment.
The program is designed to:
- Educate you about lung disease
- Help recognize and control your symptoms
- Increase your ability to live a fuller and more active lifestyle
Our Pulmonary Rehabilitation Program was the first and only program in the Tri-State area to become certified by the American Association of Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Rehabilitation. This certification ensures that our program meets essential standards of care and demonstrates our commitment to providing safe, effective, compassionate care.
Our staff of registered nurses and exercise physiologists has more than 200 years of combined cardiac, pulmonary and rehabilitation experience.
You must be referred by your physician to enter the program.
Benefits of Pulmonary Rehabilitation
- Decrease in severity of illness
- Decrease in the number of hospitalizations
- Improved self care
- Increased endurance
- Increased muscle strength