Pediatric Trauma - Level II
For Referring Providers - Pediatric Trauma
To refer a pediatric trauma patient, please call 877.485.7200.
St. Mary's is the only Level II Pediatric and Adult Trauma Center in the region. Each trauma patient receives high-quality, coordinated care from the pre-hospital phase through hospitalization, rehabilitation and recovery.
- One call starts a smooth and seamless process.
- Collaboration with Cincinnati Children's Hospital, a Level I Pediatric Trauma Center which is consistently ranked in the Top 10 children's hospitals in the nation (U.S. News and World Report).
- PICU staffed by two full-time Pediatric Intensivists.
- Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF) accredited for Pediatrics and Pediatric Traumatic Brain Injury.
- St. Mary's LifeFlight provides much needed air transportation services in emergency situations.
- Lead Agency for Safe Kids Vanderburgh/Warrick County Chapter.
- Designated by the state of Illinois as an Illinois Resource Hospital and an Emergency Department approved for Pediatrics (EDAP).
- Weekly, virtual real-time trauma rounds offered to referring facilities.
- Support services provided by a Pediatric Psychologist.