Pediatric Feeding Program Information for Referring Providers
To refer a patient, please call 812.485.7425 or 877.589.9858.
Our intensive feeding program is one of only a handful of Intensive Day Treatment programs in the country and the only one of its kind available in the Midwest. The program provides a unique transdisciplinary model (TR-eat®) that demonstrates effective outcomes. Complex feeding disorders are treated with a comprehensive approach addressing medical, developmental, behavioral, and oral-motor feeding issues.
- Multidisciplinary team of specialists focuses on the factors involved with eating including a Psychologist, a Pediatric Gastroenterologist, a Nutritionist, a Registered Nurse, a Family Advocate, Speech and Occupational Therapists.
- Behavioral approach enhances the rate of learning more efficient and useful skills.
- Family centered care incorporates support, education and training.
- Telemedicine appointments available.
- Outpatient Feeding Therapy services 1-2 times per week.
- Intensive Day Treatment Program with 4 therapeutic meals per day using a multidisciplinary approach.
- Inpatient Consultation for medically fragile children.
- Ronald McDonald House located adjacent to campus for patients' families who qualify.
Children Who Should Be Referred:
- Failure to thrive
- Poor weight gain
- Feeding tube dependence
- Babies with history of difficulty feeding in the nursery or following discharge
- Delay in meeting oral developmental milestones
- Food aversion (refusal of food and/or drink)