St. Mary's Library Mission Statement
Rooted in the loving ministry of Jesus as healer, we commit ourselves to serving all persons with special attention to those who are poor and vulnerable. Our Catholic health ministry is dedicated to spiritually centered, holistic care which sustains and improves the health of individuals and communities. We are advocates for a compassionate and just society through our actions and our words.
The Library will provide health information for the needs of physicians, nurses, allied health professionals, partners, and students of St. Mary's Medical Center; is committed to excellence and innovation in the dissemination of health information; helps achieve the organization's strategic goals; and upholds the mission, vision, and values of St. Mary's Medical Center and Ascension Health.
The Library is committed to:
- Provide for anytime, anywhere access to library resources for the St. Mary's community.
- Provide for the information needs of our physicians, nurses, allied health professionals, partners and students, and effectively collaborate with each to meet those needs.
- Innovate and educate in knowledge-based information management.
- Provide leadership in the selection and management of knowledge-based resources.
- Promote a pleasant and inviting environment conducive to scholarship and lifelong learning.
- Use data collection and analysis to improve and evaluate the level and delivery of library services.
- Practice responsible stewardship of the past while embracing the future.
- Secure a sound financial base for library services and be good stewards of library budget and resources.
- Be responsive to the mission and strategic goals of St. Mary's Medical Center and Ascension Health through communication with administration, the Library Committee, and user groups.
- Advance the practice of health sciences librarianship.
Working together to promote excellence in healthcare through access to information.