St. Mary's Heart Institute Speakers Bureau
Heart Institute Speakers Bureau
Contact: (812) 485-5230
St. Mary’s Heart Institute is committed to educating our community about the risk factors for heart disease and stroke. We are active in the community by participating in health fairs as well as traveling to local companies for free onsite education and counseling.
The Speakers Bureau is open to any civic or church organization or company that is interested in educating their members or employees on living a healthier lifestyle. The speakers are health care professionals including registered nurses, exercise physiologists and respiratory therapist from our Cardiopulmonary Rehabilitation Department.
There are a variety of topics available but please call and ask if you would like information on a topic that is not listed.
- Heart Smart Label Reading
- Heart Tests: What Do They Mean?
- Taking Care of Your Back
- Living with Lung Disease
- Stroke Awareness and Prevention
- Understanding Medication for Your Heart
- Understanding Your Coumadin Medication
- Cholesterol: What Do the Numbers Mean?
- The Benefits of Exercise
- The Stress and Emotional Aspects of Heart Disease
- Overview: Cardiac Risk Factor Modification
- Planning a Home Exercise Program
- Understanding Your Risk Factors for Heart Disease and Stroke
- Controlling Your Angina
- Information to Help You Stop Smoking
- Women and Heart Disease
These educational topics can be arranged any time of the day and any day of the week. We will work around your schedule and needs. We are glad to come to your organization or company or we can hold the presentation at St. Mary’s Heart Institute.
There is no charge for this service. We want to do our part to help the community live longer healthier lives.