St. Mary's Provides State-of-the-Art Tools
and Evidence-based Treatments for Heart Care
St. Mary's Heart Institute in Evansville, IN, proudly offers a full array of diagnostic, interventional, preventative and rehabilitation heart services. We are also a recognized leader in community education and screenings that form the front line against heart disease.
State-of-the-Art Heart Services and Cardiovascular Testing
The comprehensive heart services at St. Mary's Heart Institute include:
- The only dedicated outpatient peripheral vascular lab in the region
- Region's largest and most comprehensive cardiac and pulmonary rehab center
- On-site laboratory testing for fast results
- On-site stress testing and echocardiography
- 48-bed cardiac telemetry unit allowing hospital staff to monitor heart rate, heart rhythm, breathing, and other readings both by the patient's bed and at a remote location such as the nursing station.
- Nine-bed cardiovascular intensive care unit
- Cardiac surgical suite with specialized technology for heart patients
- Three catheterization labs, including one lab specialized for electrophysiology, pacemaker and implantable cardiac defibrillators
- Two diagnostic and interventional labs, including one bi-plane lab, which is also used for pediatric cardiac catheterization
- The latest in diagnostic technology to provide the highest quality imaging including:
- 64 slice CT (CAT Scan): uses special X-ray equipment to obtain image data which is then processed through a computer to show a cross-section of the body.
- Open MRI – 80 percent of exams can be performed with the patient's head outside of the magnet
- PET CT – delivers a precise view of how the body functions
- The Outpatient Cath Lab, a joint venture with Ohio Valley HeartCare, ensures we provide advanced cardiovascular care to the Tri-State
Heart Care Starts with Regular Screenings
Regular heart screenings at health fairs and other events help identify those at risk for heart disease. The Heart Institute's speaker's bureau, reference materials and educational seminars also reinforce the importance of prevention and early detection to Evansville tri-state area residents.
Outpatient Heart Services
St. Mary's Heart Institute outpatient heart services are located within St. Mary's Center for Advanced Medicine. This four-story, 125,000 square foot facility is designed for the utmost comfort and convenience of outpatients, bringing all of St. Mary's advanced heart services together in one location and enabling Ohio Valley HeartCare physicians to be closer to their hospitalized patients.. The Center's physician network is committed to delivering world-class cardiac care -- evidenced by best practice, clinical excellence and superior outcomes.
St. Mary's Center for Advanced Medicine offers patients a convenient entrance to the northside of the St. Mary's campus.
Learn More About Heart Services at St. Mary's
For more information about all of our comprehensive heart services, please call 812.473.2642.