St. Mary's Healthy Lives Internship - Providing Opportunities for Students
|For information about our internship
program or to apply contact:
St. Mary's Healthy Lives Fitness Center
Attn: Cindy Williams, R.N., BSN
Health Advocate Coordinator
3700 Washington Avenue
Evansville, IN 47750
Overview for Healthy Lives Internship
The internship program at the Healthy Lives Fitness Center provides students with an opportunity to enhance their knowledge of health, fitness, and leadership skills while working within our fitness/wellness areas.
The internship can be divided into three categories: Fitness Center, Health Promotion, or combination of both. The program is designed so that each intern can experience serving the health and wellness needs of the St. Mary’s employees and business/industry. Practical experience in both the Fitness Center/Health Promotion areas include, but are not limited to the following:
- Daily administration of the Healthy Lives Fitness Center including all fitness and wellness
- The St. Mary’s Healthy Lives wellness program including basic health screenings, health
risk assessments and personal health coaching
- Disease management programming
- Fitness assessments and exercise prescription
- Development of incentive programs
- Development of projects for and participation in business/industry health fairs
- Corporate wellness experience
Interns are required to have completed at least their freshman year of college prior to enrolling in this internship program. The internship program can be completed during the fall, spring, or summer semesters. The hours for the internship program are negotiable, but usually prefer 3-4 hour time slots on the days you work.
The internship at St. Mary’s Healthy Lives Fitness Center requires that each intern have a new employee
tuberculosis skin test completed or at least started prior to starting the internship program. This is done at
and paid by St. Mary’s Medical Center.
The intern is responsible for keeping a log of hours, a schedule visible and approved by staff, a journal of
activities, and a summary paper on experiences due by end of internship. Each intern is also responsible
for developing & implementing one major project that is approved by Health Advocate Coordinator and
completed by the end of the internship.
All applications must include:
- Student intern application
- Copy of immunizations
- One written recommendation
- Copies of applicable certifications