St. Mary's Medical Center Foundation Nursing Scholarships
St. Mary's Nursing Scholarships promote the development of future nurses by providing funds to support successful completion of a nursing degree. Nursing aspires to be regionally and nationally recognized for our evidence-based nursing practice, nurse work environment and our commitment to community. Our nursing scholarships are an investment in nursing's future.
Scholarships are provided by St. Mary's Medical Center Foundation.
Scholarship benefits include:
- $7,000 granted to scholarship recipients to assist with successful completion of their nursing curriculum.
- Acceptance into St. Mary's Student Nurse Extern/Intern programs.
- NCLEX review reimbursement..
- NCLEX exam reimbursement.
- Full-time nursing position at St. Mary's Medical Center in a direct patient care area.
- Individualized nursing orientation and unit orientation.
- Educational opportunities to support specialty certifications and continuing education.
Scholarship requirements include:
- Candidate should be entering final pre-licensure year of nursing education and be in good standing enrolled in a college of nursing.
- Candidate will, at the time of application, have a minimum GPA of 3.25.
- Candidate must be currently employed or become an employee of St. Mary's during the term of the scholarship as a student nurse extern or intern, and serve St. Mary's as a Registered Nurse in a direct patient care area for a period equal to two years of full-time employment.
- Candidate must demonstrate passion and desire to care for others.
- Candidate must exemplify and model St. Mary's Mission and Core Values.
- Candidate must participate in a personal interview with the selection committee.
View/print the scholarship application.
For more information, contact Jackie Lannan at (812) 485-5733.