Full Service Approach to Diabetic Foot Clinic Services
St. Mary's Diabetic Foot Clinic is the only service of its kind within two hours of Evansville that provides a full service multidisciplinary approach utilizing the expertise of podiatry, vascular surgery, orthopedic surgery and other healthcare providers.
Advanced wound assessment and care of foot and leg ulcers is provided by Diabetic Foot Clinic physicians and a team of Rehab professionals, including three Certified Wound Specialists® (CWS®).
Services provided include:
- Medical examination
- Vascular evaluation and treatment
- Wound care, dressing changes, negative pressure wound therapy
- Wound/callous debridement
- Orthotic/footwear consultation, prescription and fabrication
- Routine periodic foot care
- Total contact casting/splinting
- Pressure Specified Sensory Testing (PSSD) for assessment of neuropathic foot pain and loss of sensation
- Skin Perfusion Pressure Testing
- Glucose testing
- Surgery when indicated
- Skin Perfussion Pressure (SPP) diagnostic studies to gauge the tissue and its odds of healing
Podiatry Residents provide 24/7 call coverage for the Diabetic Foot Clinic offering consultation, treatment and education of individuals with or at risk for neuropathic foot problems associated with diabetes or other metabolic dysfunction. Patients with emergent foot issues can be seen at any time.
Therapists provide custom contact fitting for patients with neuropathic foot ulcers, fractures and Charcot's Syndrome. Custom fitting allows weight to be evenly distributed across the foot and allows for healing, which enables you to return to activities of daily living. Our goal is to educate you about how to prevent foot lesions, diagnose specific lesions of the foot with comprehensive assessment, provide immediate treatment of identified problems, provide regular follow-up treatments and prevent recurrent foot problems.