Cath Lab - Inpatient
The Inpatient Cath Lab is located on the first floor of the hospital, adjacent to Same Day Surgery and the Center for Advanced Medicine.
- Admitted from observation unit, inpatient units or directly from the Emergency Department.
- Patients receive monitoring including Electrocardiography (EKG), pulse oximetry, NIBP (non-invasive blood pressure monitoring) and can have at least one or more pressure lines for arterial pressure monitoring.
- Patients may come to the area on ventilator support. Respiratory Therapists accompany the patients in that event.
- Anesthesia coverage is secured by request of the physician performing the case if deep sedation is required. Anesthesia coverage is required for all laser cases.
- Open Heart surgery backup is required for laser lead removal cases.
- Hours of operation are Monday through Friday 0630 until 1900.
- Hours are flexible depending on the procedures scheduled for the day.
- On-call after hours, weekends and on holidays.
- Nursing care is focused on the assessment, diagnosis, planning, treatment and evaluation of patients requiring acute care.
- Type of staff in area - Charge Nurse, Registered Nurses (RNs), Patient Care Technician II (PCT II), Interventional Radiology Technologists (RT), and Unit Coordinator (UC).