Career Job Shadow Request
St. Mary's encourages Career Shadowing for students in the clinical phase of their training. We assist those trying to make a decision on a career path in an effort to promote all clinical and non-clinical healthcare careers.
Students who request to do Career Job Shadowing must be at least 16 years old, a current high school student or a current college student, but not yet enrolled in a professional healthcare program. Students applying for shadowing must already have a confirmed sponsor/preceptor who has agreed to allow the student to shadow with them. Shadowing students may not shadow more than 8 hours in a single day and no more than 50 hours in a calendar year.
We require a complete copy of your immunization records include TB and annual Influenza vaccine. You are required to submit these records as a single PDF file within 24 hours of submitting your shadowing request. Immunization records should be e-mailed to: CMEdepartment@stmarys.org
Additional documents and requirements:
- You are required to sign and return the online confidentiality agreement within 24 hours.
- You are required to sign and return the online Acknowledgement of HIPAA Training within 24 hours.
- You are required to review The Self-Directed Orientation Guide for all students, visitors and contingent workers and complete a 2 page Self Study Test within 24 hours.
- You are required to provide St. Mary's Medical Center with a copy of your complete immunization history within 24 hours. Immunization records must be in a single PDF file and submitted via e-mail. In the subject line type "[last name] Immunizations" and e-mail to: CMEdepartment@stmarys.org
- MMR (2) or lab titers for Rubeola, Mumps and Rubella to prove immunity
- Chicken Pox vaccine (2), lab filter or doctor documented diagnosis
- Influenza vaccine annual immunizations between September and March
- If you are missing any of the above immunizations or cannot provide documentation STOP HERE. Students with incomplete immunizations are ineligible for our program.