St. Mary's Cancer Rehab -
Helping Patients Regain Independence
|Outpatient Rehab and Other Information:
| Inpatient Rehab
St. Mary's Rehabilitation Institute helps patients manage and recover from physical challenges caused by cancer or cancer-related surgery. The goal of rehabilitation is to help patients regain independence and the ability to perform activities of daily living to return home at discharge.
St. Mary's Rehab Institute is accredited by the Commission for Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities for the Comprehensive Integrated Inpatient Rehabilitation Program. The facility is dedicated to rehabilitation with advanced technology and equipment, and a staff experienced in meeting the physical, psychological and social needs of rehab patients with cancer. The facility has all private rooms with ample spaces allotted for therapy gyms and for social interactions with families.
The team includes rehabilitation nurses, rehabilitation physicians, occupational therapists, physical therapists, speech pathologists, therapeutic recreation specialists, a psychologist, a chaplain, a nutritionist, a pharmacist, and case managers.
Criteria for Referral to the Oncology Inpatient Rehab Program
- Patient with cancer, active or in remission, requiring the intensity of inpatient rehab
- One or more impairments in self care, mobility, communication, cognition or safety
- Need for family education to assist in caregiving tasks
- Need for more than one therapy
- Ability to participate in intensive therapy program
- Patients receiving chemo/radiation therapy will be considered for admission if they are still able to participate in the therapy programs
- Patients with platelet counts of 20,000 or less would not be appropriate for admission
- Post-mastectomy evaluation and rehabilitation
- Lymphedema management
- Aquatic therapy
- Intensive outpatient program
- Physical therapy, occupational therapy and speech therapy services as needed
Inpatient and Outpatient Services are provided upon a physician's referral.