St. Mary's Library
The Library will provide health information for the needs of physicians, nurses, allied health professionals, partners, and students of St. Mary's Medical Center; is committed to excellence and innovation in the dissemination of health information; helps achieve the organization's strategic goals; and upholds the mission, vision, and values of St. Mary's Medical Center and Ascension Health.
The Library is committed to:
- Provide for anytime, anywhere access to library resources for the St. Mary's community.
- Provide for the information needs of our physicians, nurses, allied health professionals, partners and students, and effectively collaborate with each to meet those needs.
- Innovate and educate in knowledge-based information management.
- Provide leadership in the selection and management of knowledge-based resources.
- Promote a pleasant and inviting environment conducive to scholarship and lifelong learning.
- Use data collection and analysis to improve and evaluate the level and delivery of library services.
- Practice responsible stewardship of the past while embracing the future.
- Secure a sound financial base for library services and be good stewards of library budget and resources.
- Be responsive to the mission and strategic goals of St. Mary's Medical Center and Ascension Health through communication with administration, the Library Committee, and user groups.
- Advance the practice of health sciences librarianship.
Working together to promote excellence in healthcare through access to information.