Wireless Instructions for St. Mary's
Hospital patients and visitors can e-mail and surf the Internet from all of the hospital's public areas, including the cafeteria, lobbies, and patient waiting areas.
Here is some basic information to access St. Mary's wireless service when you are on the main campus:
St. Mary's high-speed wireless internet access is available in all patient care and public areas on floors 1-6 of the main building at St. Mary's Medical Center. The wireless network is named "net" and provides IP addressing via DHCP.
To use St. Mary's high-speed wireless internet, perform the following steps:
- Open Internet Explorer; are you able to access the internet? If not proceed to the next step.
- Open the wireless connection software tool on your laptop. This is the software that allows you setup various wireless networks or do a scan of the environment to see what networks are available to connect to.
- With this tool, perform a scan or refresh the list of available wireless networks if the network with an SSID (or name) of "net" is not listed. If it is listed, proceed to next step.
- Select the wireless network named "net" and connect. No encryption or authentication is required. The laptop may alert you that you are connecting to an "unsecured" network and ask if you want to proceed. If you would like to connect to the unsecured wireless network, click "yes" if prompted.
- If you are not able to connect, please call 485-5600 and ask for assistance. This is the St. Mary's Information Systems service desk.