Surgery sees approximately 8700 surgical cases per year. All surgical specialties are offered for surgical procedures for all age groups including organ procurement .
All anesthesia is provided by anesthesiologists, 35% of RN's are CNOR certified, 100% of Surgical Technicians are certified.
- All patients requiring surgery.
Number of Beds:
- 1:1 or 2 nurses :1 patient
- Staffed 24/7 with 8 or 12 Hour Shifts, weekend option day and night 12 hour shifts
- RN's without surgery experience have 6 months orientation. If an RN has surgery experience, the orientation is based on the employee's experience and level of competence.
- Perioperative Nursng Professional Development specialist is available to assist with orientation and staff developmental needs.