Perioperative: Same Day Surgery
For more information contact:
HR Business Partner, HR & Development
Same Day Surgery (SDS) is located on the first floor of St. Mary's Medical Center near the Surgery Department and the Post Anesthesia Care Unit. Same Day Surgery is a 15 bed pre-operative unit where patients are prepped for surgery and an 8-bed post operative unit for phase II recovery.
The staff of the SDS department strives to provide a great "St. Mary's Experience" for all patients and family members served.
- All surgery patients (inpatient & outpatient)
Number of Beds:
- 1:1 to 1:2 pre-op or 1:1 to 1:3 post op
- Varied 8 hour shifts from 5 am - 9:30 pm, Monday - Friday. Closed on weekends and holidays.
- Orientation is individualized depending on the experience of the RN and their current competencies. The RN is assigned a preceptor who guides the orientation process and even after orientation is complete the new RN always works with another RN who serves as a resource for questions or concerns.
- A Perioperative Staff Development specialist is available to assist with orientation and staff development needs.