Perioperative: Pre Procedure Clinic
The Pre Procedure Clinic is located at Washington Square Mall and opened in October 2005. It is a quiet, healing environment where patients receive teaching regarding their upcoming surgical procedures at St. Mary's, have pre operative testing done and have their health history documented in the electronic medical record.
The staff members of the PPC are compassionate, caring professional RNs and Unit Asistants who make every effort to provide a great "St. Mary's Experience" for each and every patient and family member.
- Patients being prepared for surgical procedures to be done via Same Day Surgery at St. Mary's Medical Center. This includes outpatient surgery patients, "to be determined" surgery patients, and patients who will be admitted post operatively such as open heart patients, total joint patients, etc.
Number of Beds:
- 1:1 during the 1-1 1/2 hour appointment
- 10-hour shifts between 6:30 AM and 5:30 PM
- Orientation is individualized depending on the RN's previous experience and current competencies. Each new RN is assigned a preceptor who guides their orientation and assures they work one-on-one with another RN until they are comfortable working on their own. Even after orientation they always work with other RNs present who serve as resources if they have questions or concerns.
- A Perioperative Staff Development Specialist is available to assist with orientation and staff development needs.