Neurological Rehabilitation - Information for the Healthcare Professional
Washington Square Rehabilitation Services
1144 Washington Square
Evansville, IN 47711
Tele: (812) 485-6920, option 1
- Treatments are designed to return individuals to their optimum ability and independence as quickly and safely as possible.
- Individuals with multiple trauma, stroke/CVA, head injury, spinal cord injury, and/or musculoskeletal disorders (Fibromyalgia, Guillian-Barre, Multiple Sclerosis, Muscular Dystrophy, and Parkinson's Disease) may benefit from treatment in our center of excellence.
- Neuro-developmental Treatments (NDT)--specialized treatments focusing on decreasing abnormal tone, reinforcing normal tone and movement patterns of individuals may be provided as the client's conditions indicate.
- State-of-the art equipment including Balance Master, Bioness, Biodex, Electronystagmography (ENG), Schwinn, and StairMaster may be utilized in rehabilitating individuals with neurological impairment.
- Clinical staff routinely collaborates on the individual's treatments to meet treatment goals and techniques. Clinical staff may co-treat individuals who benefit from simultaneous clinical intervention techniques.
- Individualized treatments incorporating NDT principles, purposeful activity, exercise, stress management, home exercise programs and light progressive resistive exercises are explored toward returning the individual to his/her optimal, functional lifestyle.
Contact St. Mary's Call Center (812) 485-6920, option 1 to schedule your first treatment.