Intensive Outpatient Program
- Comprehensive outpatient program
- Designed for individuals who require at least two of the following rehabilitative services:
- Occupational, Physical, Recreation and Speech Therapy and Psychological Services
Evaluation & Treatment:
- Following evaluation by appropriate team members
- The team establishes treatment frequency and duration to meet rehab needs.
- Treatments initiated to return individuals to
- Optimum ability
- As quickly and safely as possible
- Team Conferences are held weekly to
- Discuss progress and plan therapy
- Family conferences scheduled as needed to
- Update the patient and/or family on progress and pending discharge plans.
- Is a vital component to successful rehabilitation
- Participation is required on the initial day of the program
- Indicated if the patient's physical or behavioral needs dictate during the patient's down-time between therapies.
- Family/caregiver is responsible for patient's arrival/pickup at scheduled times.
Meals & Snacks:
- Not provided through the program
- Access to a refrigerator and microwave is available
- Patient/family is responsible to bring his/her own lunch.
- Family/caregiver will need to be available if assistance in routine meals is needed.
- Family/caregiver will be informed ahead of time if the therapist is involved in that aspect of the patient's treatment.
- Patient/Family must notify staff in advance of any up-coming appointments
- Patient/client's schedule is developed weekly following the team care conference.
- Because therapy needs change weekly, the resulting schedule may vary
Contact St. Mary's Call Center (812-485-4925), option 1 to schedule your first treatment.