St. Mary's Surgicare Pain Clinic Offers Interventional Pain Management
At St. Mary's Surgicare on Professional Boulevard, the pain clinic is staffed by Board Certified Anesthesiologists. The pain clinic offers interventional pain management that includes epidural steroid injections and nerve blocks.
- Referral by a primary care physician is required for an appointment.
- Preauthorization for insurance may be required and must be obtained by the referring physician prior to the appointment.
- Patients that are currently on anticoagulant therapy must have clearance from their prescribing physician to discontinue their anticoagulant medications for five days prior to the procedure
- Anticoagulants include: Plavix, Coumadin, Lovenox, Aspirin, Ibuprofen, Non-steroidal anti-inflammatories.
- Do not eat or drink for 2 hours prior to your injection.
- You must have a driver to accompany you home.
- Take all your daily maintenance medications as usual.
At St. Mary's Surgicare Cross Pointe, the pain clinic is staffed by Board Certified Physiatrists from Tri-State Orthopaedic Surgeons who specialize in interventional pain management as well as implantation of pain pumps and neurostimulators. You may call Tri-State Orthopaedic Surgeons to schedule an appointment at (812) 477-1558.