Women's Health - Urinary Incontinence
Urinary incontinence means that you lose urine when you don't want to. For many people it is an uncomfortable, embarrassing problem that they avoid discussing - even with their healthcare provider. The truth is, there's no need to feel this way. With the right type of treatment, bladder control can be within your control.
Our specially-trained clinical staff initiate a comprehensive assessment including:
- Medical history
- Musculoskeletal screen
- Review of dietary and voiding habits
- Targeted muscle strength/weakness analysis
- Pelvic floor assessment.
- Determination of type of incontinence - stress, urge or mixed
- Interventions including biofeedback, home exercise program and/or electrical stimulation
- Focus on reduction/elimination of incontinence episodes and re-engagement in a more productive lifestyle
If you have not yet talked with your physician and would like additional information, please visit our Women's Wellness Specialized Therapies webpage.