Women's Health - Lymphedema Rehabilitation
Lymphedema is a medical condition that affects the body's lymphatic system. If this system of lymph vessels and nodes is damaged, or if a vessel or node is removed, fluid cannot flow through the system correctly and can accumulate. This causes swelling in the affected body part.
Our lymphedema treatment includes:
- Individualized and/or group activities and exercises focusing on positioning and posture awareness
- Use of Intermittent Compression Pump and/or support garments
- Review of principles of skin protection and the use of constrictive clothing and jewelry
- Activity/exercise program emphasizing mobility of the involved limb(s)
- Individualized home activity/exercise program to reinforce precautions with good body mechanics
- Outcomes focus on increased flexibility, improved body/mind awareness, re-engagement in more productive lifestyle, decreased pain/somatic symptoms, controlled swelling and follow through with program guidelines
Call (812) 485-5200 to schedule your first treatment.