Relationship Based Care
Relationship-Based Care and Nursing at St. Mary's
Nursing at St. Mary's is committed to our Mission, Vision and Values and aspired to be regionally and nationally recognized for our excellence in evidence based nursing practice, nurse work environment and our commitment to community. St. Mary's nursing team serves as strong patient advocates always putting the patient first. We strive daily to improve and make a difference. Together we will accomplish our commitment through:
- Compassion for our patients/families and one another
- Ownership of high nursing standards and professional growth
- Dedication and accountability to the lives entrusted to us
- Passion and dignity in all we do
Relationship-Based Care Model of Nursing
Relationship-Based Care is excellent healthcare achieved through collaborative relationships. Relationship-Based Care takes place in a caring, competent and healing environment organized around the needs and priorities of the patients and their families who are at the center of the care team.
Relationship Based Care Principles
- The essence of caring is human connections: harmony, healing and spirit.
- Informed caring is knowledge and skills.
- Everyone has a valuable contribution to make.
- Relationships between patients, families, and caregivers are at the heart of care delivery.
- A therapeutic relationship between the patient/family and a professional nurse is core to quality care.
- Knowledge of self and self-care are fundamental requirements for quality care and healthy interpersonal relationships.
- Healthy work relationships and environments result in high patient, staff and physician satisfaction.
- People are most satisfied when their roles and daily work practices are in alignment with their personal and professional values.
- Empowerment and ownership of work and practice are essential elements of Relationship-Based Care.
- Transformational change happens one relationship at a time.
©Relationship-Based Care Model Copyright 2004 Creative Health Care Management