Perioperative: Post-Anesthesia Care Unit (PACU)
The Post Anesthesia Care Unit provides inpatient and outpatient immediate post operative/procedure recovery of newborn through geriatric population who have had surgical or other procedures requiring anesthesia.
PACU has a state of the art, healing environment for the transition from immediate postoperative procedure/post anesthesia care to one requiring less acute interventions and care when the patient meets PACU discharge criteria and moves to an appropriate level of care. We practice Relationship Based Care and strive to provide the St. Mary's Experience with each patient. PACU has highly skilled healthcare professionals with ACLS, PALS, and Trauma education.
- Newborn through Geriatric patients that have undergone procedures that require anesthesia.
Number of Beds:
- 1:1 on arrival until stable then 1:2
- Staffed from 7 am - 9:30 pm, then call
- Saturday 8 am - 8 pm, then call
- Sunday - call only
- Orientation is individualized depending on the RN's experience. ACLS training is required during the orientation period. PALS training is required within one year.
- Perioperative Nursing Staff Development Specialist is available to assist with orientation and staff development needs.