Neurological Rehabilitation - Patient Information
- Individuals coping with multiple trauma, stroke (CVA), head injury, spinal cord injury, and/or musculoskeletal disorders (Fibromyalgia, Guillian-Barre, Multiple Sclerosis, Muscular Dystrophy, and Parkinson's Disease) may benefit from treatment in our center of excellence.
- Our clinical staff members work closely with referring physicians and Case Mangers to provide quality, individualized, professional rehabilitation, support, education and a unique partnership to meet each patient's needs.
- State-of-the-art equipment is readily available for your rehabilitation needs.
- Higher-level community skills may be provided through co-treatment between two or more therapies when indicated.
- Treatments are designed to return individuals to their optimum ability and independence as quickly and safely as possible.
- Neuro-developmental Treatments (NDT)--specialized treatments to decrease abnormal tone, increase ease of muscle movement and improve control of movement patterns are used as the patient's conditions indicate.
- Individualized treatments incorporating NDT principles, purposeful activity, exercise, stress management, home exercise programs and light progressive resistive exercises are explored toward returning the individual to his/her optimal, functional lifestyle.
Contact St. Mary's Call Center (812-485-4925), option 1 to schedule your first treatment.