Joint Replacement Solutions at St. Mary's
Do you suffer from joint pain? St. Mary's Joint Replacement Solutions in Evansville, IN, is a unique and dedicated comprehensive program for patients having total knee replacement surgery and/or total hip replacement surgery. The program begins with each patient being fully educated about his or her procedure prior to surgery, and continues with inpatient group therapy followed by education and preparation for recovery at home.
Total Support on Your Joint Replacement Journey
St. Mary's Joint Replacement Solution program has been designated a UnitedHealth Premium Total Joint Replacement Specialty Center .* For our patients, that means conscientious, world class care the moment they enter the Joint Replacement Unit, where the horse racing-themed tracking board sets the tone for the journey ahead.
Rest assured, it's a journey against joint pain you won't have to take alone. The Joint Replacement Solutions program is designed to let patients in similar situations go through the program together. At the start, you'll be assigned a dedicated team - the heart of our program's success - featuring an orthopedic surgeon, anesthesiologist, registered nurses, physical therapists, occupational therapists and social workers. These specialists are here to offer guidance and support every step of the way. You'll also select a friend or family member as your "coach," to help during your hospital stay and at-home recovery.
The Joint Replacement Solutions program features:
- Joint Care Coordinator who facilitates your care from the preoperative phase through discharge and recovery
- Preoperative education class for you and your coach to help you feel confident about what to expect before, during and after surgery
- Comprehensive patient guidebook including information on the plan of care from six weeks pre-op until discharge and outpatient recovery
- Private rooms on the Joint Replacement Unit
- Daily patient newsletters, which establish goals and provide an itinerary of each day's activities
- Emphasis on group joint replacement therapy, as well as individual care
- Public education seminars about hip and knee pain
Joint Replacement Recovery
Joint replacement patients typically recovery quickly - patients are usually able to walk the first day after surgery and discharged on the third day after surgery. Because assistance with recovery will be needed at home, the person you've designated as "coach" should come to the pre-procedure clinic appointment with you and attend some of the therapy sessions in the hospital so they are prepared to assist you after you're discharged.
Learn More About Joint Replacement at St. Mary's
For more information about the Joint Replacement Solutions program, please contact us:
Joint Replacement Solutions
Fourth Floor, St. Mary's
3700 Washington Ave.
Evansville, IN 47750
Telephone: (812) 485-7260
*This designation informs consumers that St. Mary's Joint Replacement Solutions meets or exceeds nationally-recognized standards of care based upon an evaluation of the clinical performance and overall value of the facility.