The Emergency Department is a fully operational American College of Surgeons - Committee On Trauma designated Level II Trauma Center, for both adults and pediatrics, devoted to treating life-threatening illness and injuries. All Nursing Staff are trained in Advanced Cardiac Life Support, Pediatric Life Support, and Trauma Nursing Core Curriculum.
Additionally, most nurses have completed training in Advanced Burn Life Support, and Emergency Nursing Pediatric courses. Approximately one-third of the nursing staff has accomplished Certification in Emergency Nursing (CEN) and 10 RNs have completed the Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner course.
- All patient types with acute and chronic illnesses and traumatic injuries, minor to life-threatening.
- Referral from Tri-State/Regional Area
Number of Beds:
- Varies depending on patient volume and time of day (3:1 or 4:1) is usual
- Physician in triage from 11A-11P
- 14 weeks (2 of those in Hospital General Nursing Orientation)