Cardio Intensive Care
The Cardiovascular Intensive Care Unit specializes in the post operative management of the open heart surgical patient, vascular surgical patient, and post-coronary interventional patient. Post- operative management includes a combination of the use of advanced technology and science along with the practice of Relationship BasedCare and the CARING Behaviors.
- Adult patients following open heart surgery (CABG, Valve Surgery) vascular, and coronary interventions.
Number of Beds:
- 12 hour shifts (7a-7p or 7p-7a)
- Individualized preceptor-model tailored to experience and knowledge needs of individual.
- Dedicated Critical Care Educator who works one-on-one to meet the new associate's needs, and monitor his/her progress.
- Dedicated Critical Care Clinical Nurse Specialist is also available to provide assistance to staff and patients/families.