The Best Cancer Care in the Region
is Available at St. Mary's
At St. Mary's, we know that a diagnosis of cancer can be frightening for patients and family members alike. We also know that, while dealing with this disease, you deserve the best cancer care available, delivered by knowledgeable and compassionate professionals. That is exactly what you get at St. Mary's.
As the multidisciplinary approach to cancer care is a St. Mary's trademark, so, too, is the compassion in which the care is delivered.
Experience in Cancer Care
For more than three decades, the cancer program at St. Mary's has consistently earned the approval and accreditation of the American College of Surgeons. Only one in every four hospitals that treat cancer patients receives this special approval. It’s a tribute to our staff, and to the quality of our comprehensive patient care, that St. Mary’s Medical Center has received this prestigious accreditation every year since 1974. St. Mary's is also accredited by the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO) and maintains a high standard of excellence by uniting specialized cancer care services.
Our registered oncology nurses are all certified in the administration of chemotherapy and cancer care. Some of our registered nurses have attained the distinction of "Oncology Certified Nurse," which is a national certification by the Oncology Nursing Society.
Through the years, St. Mary's has been the leader in offering innovative solutions to cancer patients.
What You Can Expect with St. Mary's Cancer Care
Every St. Mary’s patient will receive:
- Quality cancer care close to home
- Comprehensive cancer care offering a range of state-of-the-art services and equipment
- An interdisciplinary, team approach to coordinate the best treatment options available to cancer patients
- Access to cancer-related information, education and support
- A cancer registry that collects data on type and stage of cancers and treatment results and offers lifelong
- Ongoing monitoring and improvement of cancer care
- Information about ongoing cancer clinical trials and new treatment options
To stay on this course, St. Mary’s continues to live by our Mission, embracing our Values of Service to the Poor,
Reverence, Integrity, Wisdom, Creativity, and Dedication. We are strengthened by the resolve of our patients and community. We are committed to helping our patients survive their cancers so they, too, can leave a legacy of hope for those who follow them.