Bipolar Support Group
Bipolar Support Group Meetings
The Kempf Bipolar Wellness Center and Mental Health America join efforts to facilitate the Bipolar Support Group meetings. If you or a loved one is living with bipolar disorder, you are invited to attend the support group for a chance to find hope and gain support.
Meetings are held from 7:00 to 8:30 p.m. the first and third Wednesday of each month in the Kempf Bipolar Wellness Center, located on the third floor of St. Mary's Rehabilitation Institute. The meetings are free and no pre-registration is required. For additional information, please call 812.485.4934.
Support Groups do not take the place of professional treatment, but they can:
- Give you the opportunity to reach out to others and benefit from the experience of those who have "been there."
- Motivate you to follow your treatment plan.
- Help you understand that bipolar disorder does not define who you are.
- Help you rediscover strengths and humor you may have thought you lost.
- Provide a forum for mutual acceptance, understanding and self-discovery.
Directions to the Kempf Bipolar Wellness Center:
- Enter St. Mary's Rehabilitation Institute. It is the building closest to Washington Avenue. The entrance of the Rehabilitation Institute faces the Hospital Main Entrance.
- Enter through the double doors and look for the elevators in the right corner of the lobby area.
- Take the elevators to the third floor. Exit the elevator to the right and follow hallway to left. The Kempf Bipolar Wellness Center meeting room is on the left.